Acrylic Blocks Details and Pricing
Our solid, 1"-thick Acrylic Blocks make your photos into perfect desk or mantel decor. Each block can stand on its own either vertically or horizontally. Each block edge is sanded and buffed to a crystal-clear finish. Other manufacturers use a lower quality process of UV printing images directly to the acrylic which results in less color and less image definition. Our Acrylic Blocks are made by mounting thick, polished acrylic to the face of a print for fuller color gamut, greater vibrancy and the best quality product. The high-gloss acrylic layer magnifies the color and definition of the print beneath it. Choose from either 6" x 6", 5" x 7" or 8" x 10" and two paper types: gloss giclée for the widest color range or metallic photographic for added iridescence.
Typical turnaround time is 4-5 days in lab. Shipping time is additional.
Acrylic Blocks Pricing
- Acrylic Blocks are made by face-mounting thick, acrylic blocks to prints for best color, definition and vibrancy. Edges are polished to a clear finish.
- 1" thick block stands upright without an easel
- Comes in three sizes: 5" x 5", 5" x 7" and 8" x 10", vertical or horizontal orientation
- Choose from two paper types - Gloss Giclée or Metallic Photographic:
- Gloss Giclée paper is not the textured paper found in our Giclée Fine Art Prints. Instead, we use smooth Gloss Giclée paper for Acrylic Blocks to provide excellent adherence to each block. Giclée printing uses archival-grade, 10-ink printers to convey a wider color gamut - from saturated tones to light pastels - and to faithfully represent hues like violets and blues which are often difficult to reproduce with lower quality printers. Perfect for all subject matter, especially portraiture.
- Metallic Photographic paper is Kodak Endura Professional paper in Metallic surface. It has a glossy, chrome-like appearance and produces intense blacks and color saturation. Ideal for scenics, automotive or architectural photography where a high-contrast, metallic appearance is desirable.
- Never use an ammonia-based cleaner (like Windex), alcohol or acetone to clean your Acrylic Print. These substances can cause micro-cracks in the acrylic
- Gently wipe finger prints or dirt with a slightly dampened, non-abrasive microfiber cloth. Or use a specialty product like Brillianize to clean and polish the acrylic surface
- Avoid wetting the sides of your print with water or cleaner
|5" x 5"||Order||$34.82|
|5" x 7"||Order||$34.82|
|8" x 10"||Order||$54.98|
Please note: Acrylic Blocks are adhered and trimmed by hand. While our expert staff makes every effort to reduce the presence of dust or unevenly trimmed edges, these imperfections can be part of the handmade process. Therefore, we cannot grant remakes solely due to these occurrences.
Acrylic Blocks Options
|Acrylic Block Options||Price|
Retouching (ROES & Cascade Only)
- A link to download your retouched images is provided via email at no additional fee (link active for 1 year)
- Standard Retouching is charged per head and includes creating even skin tone, but does not include scars or moles. If more than one subject is in the image please indicate who needs to be retouched. If no indication is made you will be charged for each subject
- Remove Braces is an option that is not always possible. There must be sufficient amount of tooth available for cloning. If the area is too dark it will leave an unnatural look so we may opt to not attempt this request. In this case you will be notified and given the option of whether or not to continue with the prints from that image
- With the Fill in an Area option you need to indicate the area to be filled in and what you would like it to be filled with. Multiple charges may apply if it is a larger or difficult area
- Remove Small Object & Remove Large Object these options would be treated much the same as fill in an area; please indicate which area you want filled in and with what
- The Clone Eye option is valuable when you have a subject with one or both eyes closed. You will need to indicate which subject needs an eye cloned and our art department will take an eye from another image. It is helpful if you indicate an image with the subject’s eyes open. (Bear in mind you will need to order from the image that you want us to take the images from in order to have the software include this order for transmission)
- Combine Two Images a common use of this option is when you need to have a person from one image added to another. As with the Clone Eye option, you will need to order a print both images so that they are sent to the lab
- Spot Colorization is a very popular option. This art option allows for a color image to be desaturated and an area then brought back to full color. You will need to indicate which area you want colored in the instructions. The end result of this option is a black and white image (or sepia upon request) with one area that retains its original color. You will need to be sure to order this image in color. If you order black and white it will print the color portion in black and white also
- Other offered services include: Remove Tan Lines, Red Eye, Glass Glare, Eyeglass Shadow and Stray Hair as well as Retouching on Arms, Legs, etc
- Retouching services are ordered in conjunction with a print being ordered or online album files being posted, but are priced separately
- Pricing is per image regardless of the quantity of prints ordered from that image
|Price Per Subject||Retouching Service|
|$6.85||Standard retouch, per head|
|$6.85||Retouch arms, legs, etc.|
|$6.85||Fix tan lines, straps, etc.|
|$6.85||Fill in an area|
|$6.85||Remove red eye|
|$6.85||Stray hair removed|
|$6.85||Glasses glare removed|
|$6.85||Remove eye glass shadows|
|$6.85||Remove small objects|
|$13.50||Remove large objects|
|$51.50+||Combine 2 images|