Why Work at Black River Imaging?
Black River Imaging has been serving professional wedding, portrait, fine art, and sports volume photographers for 50 years. From our state-of-the-art facility in Springfield, we hand-craft albums, retouch photos, produce custom wall displays, and print cards and stationery for artists and photographers nationwide. Our team of expert craftspeople, technology professionals, and knowledgeable customer representatives take pride in their work, and care about each order from the moment it arrives in our facility. Our customers are our passion and our employees are our heart.
If you are looking for a job in a convenient location, with competitive pay, health benefits/401k, and opportunities to learn new skills, Black River Imaging can offer this and more.
Current Job Openings
IT Help Desk Technician (Full-Time)
As an IT Help Desk Technician you will provide user support, maintenance and repairs of computer server and desktop environments by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal IT Help Desk. You will be responsible for administration and internal support of the Company’s PCs, printers, servers, and related equipment. Tasks include end user support, license tracking, and performing PC maintenance, OS updates, application updates, upgrades and configurations.
- Essential Responsibilities:
- -- Provide help desk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction.
- -- Update and patch PC and server applications and operating systems as needed.
- -- Monitor IT service desk tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority and escalation.
- -- Document IT requests made through multiple channels: phone, chat, email, walk-up.
- -- Respond quickly and effectively to IT service requests.
- -- Coordinate with vendors to resolve issues, escalate problems to the correct resources and track issue progress.
- -- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment, and software.
- -- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation.
- -- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, system images, and software.
- -- Provide remote assistance and troubleshooting.
- -- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
- -- Backup and restore user data on workstation upgrades/replacements.
- -- Diagnose hardware and driver issues.
- -- Utilize and maintain the IT service desk system and support related utilities.
- -- Document and follow internal procedures.
- -- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory and assist with the onboarding of new users.
- -- Educate customers on product use and assist them in fully utilizing available features.
- -- Maintain an inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
- -- Research and explore answers and alternative solutions.
- -- Part of an “after hours” support team.
- -- Lift up to 50lbs.
- Required Skills:
- -- Strong skills in organization, troubleshooting and multi-tasking
- -- Proficient with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- -- Basic Understanding of Active Directory
- -- Provide Remote Hands assistance for IT Systems and Network Staff
- -- Familiar with Racking and Cabling Network and Compute hardware
- -- Basic understanding of virtualization technologies
- Required Experience:
- -- At least 1-2 years of experience in an IT Help Desk or IT support position
- -- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- -- Excellent communication skills
- -- High school education or equivalent
- Salary & Benefits:
- -- This is a full-time position. Salary is $15-$17 per hour.
- -- 401(k) and 401(k) matching
- -- Dental and vision insurance
- -- Employee assistance program
- -- Flexible spending account
- -- Health insurance and health savings account
- -- Life insurance
- -- Paid time off